Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I'm Not There

Extremely excited for this upcoming film. I am sure many people would question Cate Blanchett as a young Bob Dylan, but she is such an amazing character actress-just check out The Aviator if you don't believe me. Making the wait for the film, which doesn't hit theatres until November 21st is the soundtrack which features everyone from Bonnie Prince Billy to Karen O. Check out the details below. Craziness!

I'm Not There soundtrack (unsequenced):

Eddie Vedder and the Million Dollar Bashers: "All Along the Watchtower"
Mira Billotte: "As I Went Out One Morning"
Stephen Malkmus and the Million Dollar Bashers: "Ballad of a Thin Man"
Los Lobos: "Billy"
The Hold Steady: "Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window"
Stephen Malkmus and Lee Ranaldo: "Can't Leave Her Behind"
Tom Verlaine and the Million Dollar Bashers: "Cold Irons Bound"
Iron and Wine and Calexico: "Dark Eyes"
Yo La Tengo: "Fourth Time Around"
Jim James and Calexico: "Goin' to Acapulco"
Karen O and the Million Dollar Bashers: "Highway 61 Revisited"
John Doe: "I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine"
Yo La Tengo: "I Wanna Be Your Lover"
Bob Dylan: "I'm Not There"
Sonic Youth: "I'm Not There"
Charlotte Gainsbourg and Calexico: "Just Like a Woman"
Ramblin' Jack Elliott: "Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues"
Antony and the Johnsons: "Knockin' on Heaven's Door"
Mason Jennings: "The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll"
Stephen Malkmus and the Million Dollar Bashers: "Maggie's Farm"
Jack Johnson: "Mama You've Been on My Mind"
Mark Lanegan: "The Man in the Long Black Coat"
Bob Forrest: "Moonshiner"
Roger McGuinn and Calexico: "One More Cup of Coffee"
John Doe: "Pressing On"
Sufjan Stevens: "Ring Them Bells"
Willie Nelson and Calexico: "SeƱor (Tales of Yankee Power)"
Jeff Tweedy: "Simple Twist of Fate"
Cat Power: "Stuck Inside of Mobile With the Memphis Blues Again"
Mason Jennings: "The Times They Are a-Changin'"
Richie Havens: "Tombstone Blues"
Marcus Carl Franklin: "When the Ship Comes In"
The Black Keys: "Wicked Messenger"
Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova: "You Ain't Goin' Nowhere"

Out in record stores everywhere on October 30th. (Thanks ERIC!)

No comments:

Now THAT'S HOT