Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Around and Away We Go


Tonight Twin Sister is playing with MemoryHouse and Oberhofer at the Mercury Lounge. I will admit, it has been a really long time since I have ventured out to see three bands I was curious about and it feels AMAZINGLY good. I am incredibly excited to check out Twin Sister. Their lush, lackadaisical, luring lullabies leave me incredibly nervous about whether they will be able to pull it off live. The xx does this sound justice and whereas I was completely musically fulfilled by their live set during CMJ many people have been arguing they are terribly boring live. There is nothing wrong with playing a perfect set without dancing around and having tons of lights and affects...but that is just me.

I have heard very good things about Oberhofer and am pretty sure the next time they play the Merc they will be headlining judging from the massive amounts of buzz surrounding them. Guessing they will be one of the bands to see during CMJ come October. My favorite track of theirs is "I Could Go." There are so many different elements all going on at once. Sounds like it could be simmered down Fuck Buttons in the background with the lyrics raging and tumbling around over top the frayed out guitar fuzz. All of this makes for a catchy track and a show that I hope to be a lot of fun. They are a local band which always makes me hope that they are really good because let's face it---Brooklyn is on fire right now.

1 comment:

MusicianMe said...

That is really fascinating, You're an excessively professional blogger. I have joined your feed and stay up for seeking extra of your excellent post. Additionally, I've shared your website in my social networks!

Now THAT'S HOT