Thursday, November 13, 2008

You cast your spell and I went under, I found it so difficult to leave


A few weeks ago the story of my very first kiss was made public on the air and my mum heard it and immediately called me to ask who the Smashing Pumpkins were and then commented on how it was 'such a violent song!' to make out to. This led to conversations with some of my girl friends about what types of songs they choose as background noise for those choice situations. I almost never ever have kissed a boy to something considered romantic. Again today while I listening to some love songs a friend of mine sent over for my opinion I found myself mentally charting all of the love songs that i could not possibly live without and came to realize that i am not a very cheerful love song type of gal. At all. I was a bit surprised because for the most part I think of myself as optimistic and supportive when it comes to the subject. Then again, these were my top five...so you can judge for yourself. This much I must admit- i am not a cheap sell lyrics wise. Heck no!

1.Sinead O'Connor-Nothing Compares To You


2.Leonard Cohen-Hey,That's No Way To Say Goodbye


3. Sam Cooke-Bring It On Home
(There can be as many re-makes of this song as there are fish in the sea, but no one-no one could ever ever ever do what Sam Cooke does to me)
Sam Cooke-Bring It On Home.mp3

4. Bob Dylan-Lay Lady Lay/I Want You (too hard...definitely a split here-but it is Bob-so that is understandable)
Bob Dylan-Lay Lady Lay.mp3
Bob Dylan-I Want You.mp3


5. Magnetic Fields-Book Of Love
Magnetic Fields-The Book Of Love.mp3

No comments:

Now THAT'S HOT