Thursday, January 15, 2009

Bang Bang Eche---Warning HIGHLY ADDICTIVE


Don't you love when you let your Itunes do its' thing and it comes across some of your favorite songs and you realize you never blogged about--which is like never talking about it in the first place! I have been loving Bang Bang Eche since October. They are from New Zealand, they are incredibly young and they are the shit. If you like amazingly fierce drummers that while they play you can see them innocently counting out their beats in between beaming like a happy little clam, then this is the band for you. Their lyrics are stacked and solid as well. Supported by KEXP they performed an in studio performance during CMJ that I sadly missed as I was running my own shows at the time. After my friends in the audience recovered and their jaws returned to normal facial expression positions my mobile wouldn't stop flickering like a lightening bug captured in a jar. I knew they were going to be many a good thing within the first few seconds of seeing them. Ranging in age from 16-20 they are better than most of the bands being tossed and toted around NME as of late. (cough...glasvegas...what?!) I am hoping that this year brings big things for them. They are LOUD and lovable. Precious.

BANG BANG ECHE-Time Mismanagement.mp3
BANG BANG ECHE-(You & Me) Thick as Thieves.mp3

No comments:

Now THAT'S HOT