Thursday, August 13, 2009

Brooklyn Brooklyn Take Me In


So next week my boyfriend is moving from Charleston, South Carolina back to New York so we can collectively move into an apartment that will be *ours* somewhere in Brooklyn. Hopefully. Which I thought was a perfect time to listen to one of my favorite songs by The Avett Brothers, I and Love and You. The first few lines of the song are as simple yet delicate. Sitting at my desk searching through endless Craiglist it resonated with me on a whole new level and made me...hopeful. Enjoy.


Load the car and write the note
Grab your bag and grab your coat
Tell the ones that need to know
We are headed North
One foot and one foot back
But it don't pay to live like that
So I cut the ties and I jumped the tracks
For never to return

Oh Brooklyn Brooklyn take me in
Are you aware the shape I'm in
My hands they shake my head it spins
Oh Brooklyn Brooklyn take me in


The Avett Brothers are currently touring and have played with one of my other loves, Jessica Lea Mayfield. She spoke incredibly highly of them which is reason enough for you to go check them out.
**********TOUR DATES****************
8.21-Boulder Theater- Boulder, CO
8.22-Ogden Theatre-Denver, CO
8.25-Red Butte Garden-Salt Lake City, UT
8.26-Knitting Factory Concert House-Boise, ID
8.28-Paramount Theatre-Seattle, WA
8.29-Britt Festival-Jacksonville, OR
8.30-Outside Lands Music and Arts Festival-San Francisco, CA
9.1-HSU Van Duzer Theater-Arcata, CA
9.3-Grand Sierra Theatre-Reno, NV
**rescheduled for a 2010 date, TBA**
9.4-Strawberry Music Festival-Camp Mather, CA
9.5-Orpheum Theatre-Los Angeles, CA
9.17-North Charleston P.A.C-North Charleston, SC
9.18-Westobou Festival-Augusta, GA
9.19-The Moon-Tallahassee, FL
9.20-Bama Theatre-Tuscaloosa, AL
9.22-The Lyric Oxford-Oxford, MS
9.24-Minglewood Hall-Memphis, TN
9.25-Robinson Center Music Hall-Little Rock, AR
9.26-Cain's Ballroom-Tulsa, OK
9.27-Granada Theater-Dallas, TX
10.1-House of Blues-New Orleans, LA
10.2-Austin City Limits Festival-Austin, TX
10.3-Baton Rouge River Center Theatre-Baton Rouge, LA
10.3-Rose State PAC-Midwest City, OK
***rescheduled for a 2010 date, TBA***
10.5-Lovett Auditorium-Murray, KY
10.15-Rams Head Live-Baltimore, MD
10.16-Electric Factory-Philadelphia, PA
10.17-Terminal 5-New York, NY
10.18-House of Blues-Boston, MA
10.20-Englert Theatre-Iowa City, IA
10.21-The Barrymore Theatre-Madison, WI
10.22-The Canopy Club-Urbana, IL
10.23-Turner Hall Ballroom-Milwaukee, WI
10.30-Louisville Palace-Louisville, KY
10.31-Ryman Auditorium-Nashville, TN

No comments:

Now THAT'S HOT