Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance With You


I must admit, this is one of my favorite song titles of the year and armed with so much blog buzz AND snappy song titles well then i am completely sold, right? According to my co-workers that is how us indie folks get turned onto such things. Well at least these 'kids' are pretty darn good. Darn good! Sure to be one of the shows that has us running around during CMJ and squawking over how good they are. Hopefully...still too early to tell. By now most of you know the Black Kids hail from Jacksonville, are a five piece bit of salty music experiementation, have been compared to numerous other bands that employ shouting as a background sound and well the biggest and most *important* detail- are UNSIGNED! Hear that record labels? So if you are still licking your wounds over Radiohead maybe signing these kids will help your figures heading towards the end of 2007. Time will tell.
Black Kids-Hit the Heartbrakes.mp3
Black Kids-Listen To Your Body Tonight.mp3
Black Kids-I Wanna Be Your Limousine.mp3

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I am so glad you posted them! Mike asked me to go to their show on Thursday and while I can't because I'll be at work, I wanted to hear who they were. I should have known that you'd have the scoop!

Now THAT'S HOT