Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Hands down, I'm too proud for Love


Lykke Li was on the top of my list of artists to check out had i made my way down for SXSW. Her songs are simple, sweet little lullabies and tempered fits of affection. I am not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination but i do love to turn on my ipoddy and dance to A Little Bit. Cheeky and flashy it is just what i need to put some bounce in my step. Be forewarned, most of her songs will stick with you even after just one listen. She has that certain delicate lit to her voice much like Kate Bush that has a particular way of haunting your eardrums. Lykke Li will be visiting our city on May 8th with fellow Swedish chanteuse El Perro Del Mar, you can grab tickets here.
Lykke Li-Complaint Department.mp3
Lykke Li-Tonight.mp3

No comments:

Now THAT'S HOT