Thursday, July 19, 2007

Sadly-wait extended for new Streets album


Feelin' a bit slaggish there Mike?
Those brits seem to be having a hard time with things lately-Amy Winehouse cancelling shows and spitting on fans-Beckham being sold to the US-Harry Potter being leaked on the internet and now Mike Skinner has exclaimed via his handy myspace page that The Streets has been pushed back another year. "Making an album when you're quite well known is a bit stressful, "I've had to accept this week that because my album isn't quite right yet it won't be coming out this year. I think I've got the makings of a great record, but I've been working so hard on it my head is spinning at the end of every day and when I wake up each morning the first thing I feel is panic. I've decided to try to get some distance from it while we do this Scotland tour, Get Loaded (In The Park) and Ibiza. This also means I'll maintain my tidy pattern of releasing an album in 2002, 2004, 2006 and, now, 2008." This album would be the followup to The Streets widely successful 2006 album, 'The Hardest Way To Make An Easy Living.' Then again it is always better when your favorite artists don't feel rushed and forced into producing another album-take all of the time you need Mike.
The Streets-Blinded by the Lights.mp3
The Streets-It Was Supposed to Be So Easy.mp3
The Streets Tags

No comments:

Now THAT'S HOT