Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Acoustic album care of Pete Doherty


The same day my NME arrived with all the news i could ever wish for of Pete and Carl is the same day that Pete announces he has finally completed a solo record that he hopes to release sometime this year. "I've got a song called 'Salome' which I haven't done with the band yet. I'm kind of saving it for the acoustic album, you know what I mean? You can't leave it lying around for too long." When pressed, the Babyshambles frontman said he was ready to go with the band's new record, the follow-up to 2005's 'Down In Albion'. "Well to be honest, I think it's pretty much done," he declared. "It's just now trying to convince the record company that everything doesn't need to be highly polished." Pete has been busy lately between his shows with Babyshambles and his shows with Libertines mate Carl as well as heading back into the studios to work on the upcoming Babyshambles album. Hopefully things will keep progressing as they have been for Pete, good times ahead!

No comments:

Now THAT'S HOT