Monday, May 14, 2007

Where Are Your Friends Tonight?


*cred
Last night I made my way out to Studio B to be part of a cardiovascular workout known as LCD Soundsystem. After seeing both of their Bowery Ballroom shows a couple months back, May 12th has been a day that could not come soon enough. I am not sure what it is, but LCD Soundsystem truly brings out all of ones' energy to just f'n move to the music. For all of those people who complain that nYc / indie music fans only stand with arms crossed and never move, I ask you to come see LCD Soundsystem in New York and all those myths will be put to rest.

*cred
Saturday night's setlist, with an addition of a song or two, was pretty much the same as the Bowery shows but who can complain- these songs are some of the best music out there right now. LCD's latest release, "Sound Of Silver," is definitely one of the best albums released this year...how this band has not yet achieved full blown commercial success blows my mind. Every single on that album could comfortably fit into ones radio station setlist, film soundtrack, or heck-even in a commercial. But back to show....I am not sure if Studio B has air conditioning but last night marked the sweatiest I have ever been after a concert since my days of high school. I am not joking, I literally danced from the very first song of the night, 'Us V Them,' to the last song of the night, 'New York I Love You,' with hardly any stopping. It was like I was holding my breath underwater where i would only come up for air when need be. This is how I felt people were moving last night-you only stopped when you thought, "if I do not stop I may pass out on this floor."

Highlights were 'Get Innocuous' and 'All My Friends' (this probably being my favorite song of 2007....I swear I can listen to it over and over and never complain...the song straight up makes me feel good). Anyhow, it was a fantastic night of arms flailing, bodies movin, and people just enjoying the music (no joke, I do not think there was a single person in Studio B that left with a complaint about the music...it was top notch excellent). Before I end this, I just want to say, Nancy Whang, you f'n rock and hold it down on those keyboards / synths like no other. That's it....bring on Webster Hall Monday night....if ya got an extra I'll help take it off your hands and guarantee it gets put to good use!

*Death From Below has pictures
All My Friends.mp3
Get Innocuous.mp3

-Jaime W.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey party people.

thanks for the link.

z

The Eggroll said...

what up G?

Can't wait to see you guys tonight.

Now THAT'S HOT