Monday, May 21, 2007

Vampire Weekend


Since i LOvE all things pertaining to Vampires ...cheesy horror movies, bats, yes even those over played Reese Peanut Buttercups commericals every Halloween...i felt like i had to post a bit about Vampire Weekend. Especially since every review i have read has been overflowing with acclaim for these local Brooklynites. And well, their music kicks-even if my co-workers think the name is out of control. Oh you silly Brooklyn bands- I LOVE! They are playing Bowery Ballroom on June 2nd with Mystery Jets and White Rabbits.
*Stereogum review.
Vampire Weekend-Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa.mp3
Vampire Weekend-Oxford Comma.mp3

I have been enjoying White Rabbits as well. Their album comes out tomorrow on Say Hey Records/ Young Turks Records.

White Rabbits-While We Go Dancing.mp3
White Rabbits-Kid On My Shoulders.mp3

3 comments:

Sarah said...

The Vampire Weekend mp3s are great!



PS- I'vee accidently stumbled upon your page when I was image searching on google. I'm so glad I did.

Shelves of Vinyl said...

so are we! welcome!

Anonymous said...

you definitely picked the two acts to stand behind since mystery jets just pulled out

Now THAT'S HOT