Friday, June 22, 2007

New Kills Album in the Works


Standing outside Irving Plaza waiting for my friends the other night i was delighted to see one of my favorite bands stroll up to see the show. I was surprised as i surveyed the sidewalk and saw that no one seemed to notice who Alison Mosshart-aka "VV" and Jamie Hince-aka "Hotel" from the British band The Kills were or if they did- i couldn't tell. I have always felt that The Kills have not recieved the attention and respect they deserve this side of the pond. It is quite unfortunate for they make some pretty fine music together and their live shows could rival that of Karen O from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs any day. Apparently they are working on a new album as a followup to 'No Wow' and hoping for a fall release? YES! I hope that they enjoyed checking out The White Stripes as much as i did.
*check out their space on Domino Records Artists Profiles-they have quite the interesting story.
Love Is A Deserter.mp3

No comments:

Now THAT'S HOT