Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Sad day for Pete...


"Pete Doherty has told NME that as a result of his appearance in court today (August 7) he is now banned from London. The singer's sentencing for possession of class A drugs has been postponed for a month while he continues rehab. However one of the conditions set by West London Magistrates Court is that the Babyshambles man should stay with a family while he tries to quit drugs, and this has effectively left the singer homeless. "I can't stay with my mum, not while she's with my dad. I'm not quite sure where I'm staying," Doherty explained. "Are there any NME readers outside London who want to put me up?" Doherty added: "Babyshambles are going to have to decamp to the sticks for a while. "Meanwhile Babyshambles guitarist Mick Whitnall, who attended court with his bandmate today, added: "We didn't know what to expect so it's a bit of a relief." Despite the restrictions and rehab Doherty must now undertake, the court did give him permission to play the Festival Heineken Paredes de Coura in Portugal on August 12 and both legs of the V Festival on August 18 and 19." via NME Of all the bands i hope stick with it and clean up, Babyshambles is it. I completely stick by my word that Pete is one of the most talented songwriters out there. We wish you the best of luck.

No comments:

Now THAT'S HOT