Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My ears are bleeding...


Wow. Seriously. Wow. I mean, it is a blatant outpouring of admiration towards Black Mountain, The White Stripes, and Van Halen but what do they always say- imitation is the purest form of flattery. So my new band to hunt down for the week is Duchess of York out of Richmond, VA. I do not know what is with Richmond but a lot of the new bands I have been loving have been coming from this area. Definitely a hot spot right now. Ages 16, 17, 18 and 21 the bassist and singer are brothers and cousins with the drummer. Have to love the family connection. Even if they remind you of a handful of other bands I still think they are worthy of some attention. Anyone who can play rock with a dash of the blues like they are at such a young age is fine by me.
Duchess of York-Little Boom Box.mp3
Duchess of York-Tangle Me Up.mp3
Duchess of York-21st Century Slave.mp3

No comments:

Now THAT'S HOT