Monday, June 9, 2008

You might say i am young- you might say i'm unlearned


Interesting that this popped up in the news today since i almost was squashed crossing the road on my walk to work this morning listening to none other than Bob Dylan. I immediately gave the SUV trying to mow me down during the walking man my nastiest look and thought- how can you almost hit someone when they are listening to Dylan?! Silly, but this is how i think. Seems like Dylan has Obama fever just in time for Hill to step out of the picture. I think my Dad would be satisfied with this news-who has patently been waiting for a change for quite some time now.

“Well, you know right now America is in a state of upheaval. Poverty is demoralising. You can’t expect people to have the virtue of purity when they are poor. But we’ve got this guy out there now who is redefining the nature of politics from the ground up…Barack Obama. He’s redefining what a politician is, so we’ll have to see how things play out. Am I hopeful? Yes, I’m hopeful that things might change. Some things are going to have to.”

-Bob Dylan, in London’s The Times
(from the June 4th edition).

*Tour dates
Bob Dylan-Masters of War.mp3
Bob Dylan-Hard Rain.mp3

No comments:

Now THAT'S HOT