Wednesday, June 18, 2008

We had to get drunk because we all have girlfriends to go home and deal with


Oh Caleb, you are such a smooth-talker aren't you. Besides being the owner of the skinniest jeans I have ever seen in my life (jawdropping---back stage at Lola last year I couldn't take my eyes off of him attempting to climb up the hill to head to his interviews) he is also so full of salt and wind that you want to hate him-but you can't. At least...I can't. All of their albums push Calebs' songwriting to a new level of intimacy and their live performances are built to impress. Take it or not, Kings of Leon are one of my favorite American bands. Here is some news about their upcoming (4th) album via Rollingstone.
"'I know I sound like a fucking cock right now,' says Kings of Leon frontman Caleb Followill, 'But this is the first time I've really been proud of myself track for track.' After a grueling 2007 tour, and Caleb's recent surgery to repair his arm after a fistfight with brother Nathan ('Nathan won'), the Kings planned to take a well-deserved break. But when we called them, they were at Nashville's Blackbird Studio, wrapping their fourth disc, out in September.

Three days after his surgery, Caleb says he removed his arm from a sling and began writing. 'I don't know if it was the pills or what, but the melodies were so much stronger than anything I've ever done - it's just really beautiful songs.' In addition to the pills, the band members say they drank all day to fuel songs like 'Cold Desert' and 'Crawl.' (In the latter, Caleb touches on politics: 'Let's just say that Sean Penn is gonna like us more,' he says).

'We had to get drunk because we all have girlfriends to go home and deal with,' he says, before passing the phone to drummer Nathan, who adds, 'Caleb just blew a 1.2 on the Breathalyzer we have here.'"
-Rollingstone

Kings of Leon-Ragoo.mp3
Kings of Leon-King of the Rodeo.mp3
Kings of Leon Tags

No comments:

Now THAT'S HOT