Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Good news during 'Earth Week'


I hope everyone is as excited for Earth Day as i am! When i was a young lass my dad always made my sister and i stay outdoors all day helping him with various chores in the yard and getting some fresh air. I remember sitting on my bed listening to my beloved 99.1 WHFS while they were putting on a festival down in DC on the mall. I remember being so upset because we had not been allowed to go and at the time i was missing some of my favorite bands performing live. (i think REM was there- and at the time i was madly in love with Michael Stipe.) But times have changed and now every city seems to have its own way of celebrating our Earth, even if it is only for one day. Much has been made of Al Gore's Live Earth concert series and it seems that London is very close to selling out their engagement. "The London leg of Live Earth is already set to be a sell-out, as 203,000 people have registered to try and purchase tickets for the date at Wembley Stadium on July 7. With only 60,000 places actually available, acts already confirmed for the UK date include Madonna, Beastie Boys, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Bloc Party." London is one of seven cities playing host to a concert. Hopefully the other shows fair just as well when it comes to attracting an audience and captivating everyone's attention (environmentally minded wise)! And as always, check Treehugger.com for new posts every day on how to GO GREEN.

No comments:

Now THAT'S HOT