Monday, April 9, 2007

Oh Lily, a bit worn out by the road it seems

Being on the road is something i do not envy about the music scene. It is incredibly hard work, long-lonely hours, strange cities, strange faces- it is expected for even the most traveled artist to feel the bite of it now and again. Lily Allen keeps her fans close and her blog updated on her various adventures during her tours. The latest entry went up on friday and it seems that the press will just not lay to rest the comparisons and competition between Lily and Amy Winehouse. Even though the two have given various interviews about how much they both respect and support each other's music this is one story that keeps being recycled, no matter how false it truly seems to be.

"Homeward stretch !
Yo ,
Im in Montreal , we drove here from Toronto last night. Twas was my first sober gig since January, I can actually remember it, which is cool. I cried under my duvet on the bus this morning, I spoke to a friend who was playing table tennis and eating pie with his friends on this sunny good friday. It's so weird how things like that can make me cry, I must be hormonal or something. How'd you make a hormone? Don't pay her! It snows here, I'm cold. We go from here to America again tonight and then a few east coast shows, then an LA show then home, well everyone else goes home, I'm staying in LA for a holiday. Every interview I do at the moment Im getting asked how I feel about Amy Winehouse, It's starting to really piss me off. I really like Amy and am totally supportive of her. Why do people always try and play women off against eachother the whole time? Yes Amy and I are both english and yes, were both in our early twenties. Why don't they try and crrate a feud between me and James Morrison or Amy and Paulo Nutini ? Or why not create a rivalry between the boys. I think there is something seriously wrong with this part of our culture On the same subject, I read an article about Mutya Buena's gig at the borderline the other day. It read "The likes of LILY ALLEN, NATASHA BEDINGFIELD and AMY WINEHOUSE should watch out– Mutya is definitely here to stay." Why write this, I certainly didn't go into music to compete against other artists, and I very much doubt anyone else does. What I do is, what I do. And what Amy does is what amy does. The two have got fuck all to do with eachother. It's so boring and complete rubbish."

No comments:

Now THAT'S HOT